This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Location: Mexico, travel up to 20%.
The primary mission of the Senior Purchasing Specialist is to ensure the consumer products under their management are procured and delivered at the highest possible efficiencies and according to the changing needs of end consumers and the business.
Their secondary mission is to establish effective channels of communication with internal teams and the manufacturing vendors, allowing information to flow reliably with a high degree of transparency, thereby facilitating a collaborative network to support highly effective purchasing operations.
Their third mission is to identify opportunities for improvement and subsequently implement best practices in the procurement function, resulting in higher efficiencies to support the steep rate of growth.
- All products under their management have met their required KPIs, including:
- 90% or more POs defined as “perfect” by having on-time delivery and no exceptions that deviate from the agreed order requirements.
- The average delivery time of POs is within +/-10% of the lead time.
- The average cost of goods over the year has decreased
- They have, through increased efficiencies, been able to take ownership of an increasingly large collection of products.
- Suppliers are fully onboarded and trained to operate to the company’s requirements proactively without constant guidance.
- All procurement data is accurately entered into the ERP and updated frequently enough to match reality on any given day.
- Problems that arise in the procurement cycles have been solved quickly and effectively, with preventative action to prevent reoccurance.
- Other teams are given exceptional support such that quality, product development, logistics and finance matters related to their products and suppliers are handled efficiently.
- All suppliers are considered as collaborative partners, closely aligned to the business needs and providing a high level of service.
- Geopolitical or other large-scale supply chain disruptions
- Overloaded with products or suppliers due to lack of resources
- Lack of cross-functional or vertical (service provider) support, for example low-capability suppliers
- Poor cross-functional communication of business needs
- Execute the key procurement phases a collection of high-priority products including supplier onboarding, negotiation, product data collection, production planning, payment processing and delivery.
- Identify, communicate and solve complex issues related to production, delivery, contracts, shipments and other purchasing-related matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and formulate appropriate procurement strategies.
- Oversee production ramp of new products and suppliers to guarantee market launch according to planned costs, timescales and quality.
- Conduct intensive communication with overseas cross-functional teams to coordinate daily supply-chain actions.
- Implement purchasing strategies and best practices to achieve a position of high leverage, high compliance and low risk across the China supply base.
- Represent the company and build professional, highly collaborative relationships with world-class suppliers.
- Provide general insight, recommendations and organise procurement related events such as trade shows and supplier visits.
Who you are:
- Minimum of five years experience in consumer-products purchasing
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with experience working in wholly foreign-owned company(s) and global teams.
- Able to understand and work with large and interconnected data sets, such as spreadsheets and databases.
- Familiar with factory and trade operations.
- A competent team leader with the ability to present, listen, strategise and stand for the company’s best interests even in challenging situations.
- A person with an inquisitive nature and open-mind.
- Experience in Amazon or other e-commerce is an advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Problem Solver
- Strategic Thinking
- Team player
- Results Oriented
- Team Collaboration
Career Progression Steps:
- Senior manager, purchasing
- Purchasing manager
- Director of purchasing
- Supply chain lead
Your application has been successfully submitted.