Senior Analyst, Global Logistics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
at Allbirds (View all jobs)
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We are hiring a Senior Analyst to support day to day operations and long-term strategy for global ocean and air freight logistics. You will drive all execution for our global product launches and influence key decisions to balance cost and service. You will create and prepare multiple reports and dashboards to measure cost and performance of all global inbound shipments, design creative routing options and manage 3PL performance for on-time deliveries. You will work cross-functionally with the commercial, planning, manufacturing and retail teams to deliver the right product at the right time to the right place. You will also build new SOPs and help scale the business through technology and process improvement. You will also have the opportunity to run RFPs and negotiations with global transportation carriers, by using market research and detailed financial analysesYou will serve as a project manager and lead cost-saving and carbon-reducing transportation strategies.
What does the job entail?
- Collaborate with global manufacturing partners and the Allbirds local liaison offices to secure shipping schedules and propose scenarios for the lowest cost and sustainable solutions to ensure on-time delivery
- Build innovative shipping solutions, lead pilot tests and monitor results on key performance indicators including: cost, transit time, carbon emissions, and customer conversion impact
- Analyze shipping rates, transit times and routing solutions in order to launch quick-win solutions and share long-term project strategies with senior management
- Monitor daily operations performance and ensure immediate, proactive support to hit launch deadlines
- Build and maintain inbound shipping forecast of global on hand inventory, shipping mode mix and anticipated spend to inform the company-wide financial plan
- Negotiate with ocean and air freight forwarders for a formal annual ocean RFP and negotiate monthly for locked-in air rates.
- Make recommendations based on logistics performance and freight market trends, and communicate required changes appropriately to key stakeholders
- Measure service levels and cost metrics through tracking reporting and maintaining dashboards for multiple transportation partners
- Identify and drive continuous improvement projects to reduce logistics costs and carbon footprint
- Collaborate with the tech team to develop the tools, processes and capabilities across all functions to resolve pain points and simplify naturally
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 4+ years experience working in an area of the Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations and are familiar with common supply chain terminology.
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills that will allow for successful collaboration across our organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think on your feet.
- You have the courage to speak up and challenge the status quo and the drive to take projects from start to finish.
- Eagerness to learn and actively own your development within your role. You are interested in a career in logistics and are intrigued by the current and future supply chain trends and market.
- An owner’s mindset that drives you to consistently deliver on assigned, verbal, and written commitments.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or alternative equivalent
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Deep analytical mindset and problem-solving acumen
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information. Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.