Fulfillment Centre Associate - Engraver/Monogrammer
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweller to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Who you'll be working with:
Hi, I’m Stephanie Ramirez, and I’m currently the Outbound Supervisor - Picking and Engraving at Mejuri. I am responsible for overseeing picking of shipments at our Toronto Fulfillment Center as well as engraving all of our beautiful Mejuri pieces. Our team is growing and we are looking to bring amazing people together to drive our vision.
The Fulfillment Centre Associate - Engraver/Monogrammer works within a small team to process customer orders for engraved jewelry pieces or monogrammed leather products using a laser engraving or monogram machine.
You will work with Team Leads to prioritize and verify customer order details and ensure all customized pieces are quality checked upon completion of engraving/monogramming and ensure that they meet Mejuri standards. You will also record accurate data of any deviations and provide training for other associates on the operation of the machines.
What you'll do:
- Operate an engraving machine and a monogram machine as well as understand basic maintenance and troubleshooting tasks. This role requires working with a class 4 visible-beam laser and high heat equipment
- Engrave jewelry pieces and/or monogram leather pieces as per customer order.
- Clean and quality check pieces upon completion of engraving/monogramming and ensure they meet Mejuri standards.
- Ensure product is in sellable condition, flagging any pieces that are not to the Inventory Control team for inventory processing.
- Process production orders through an ERP.
- Work with Team Leads to verify customer order details when required.
- Pass engraved/monogrammed pieces to the picking team for order picking.
- Provide training for other associates on operation of the engraving and monogram machines as requested by the Operations Supervisor.
- Record accurate accounts of processing errors.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Observe and support all safety guidelines and requirements.
What you'll bring to the team:
- High attention to fine detail work
- Proficient with computers
- Able to work with small components and tools
- Able to perform repetitive tasks throughout the day
- Strong work ethic and a “can-do!” attitude
- Flexibility to handle stressful peak season and changing needs of a growing business
Things we consider an asset:
- Previous experience with machine engraving and/or monogramming
- Knowledge about jewelry materials (gold, vermeil, diamonds, etc)
- Familiarity with GSuite, Slack, and/or Fulfil.io
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of two weeks vacation (for full time employees), plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees.
• Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount!
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.